Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 freezes even after upgrading all the patches for Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Even after upgrading my I-9082 to latest update patch (61 MB) :(, the phone hangs and freezes suddenly. Any help on this is highly appreciated. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting to Recovery and selecting Wipe Cache Partition--you won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instructions:

1. Turn off your phone
2. Press and hold volume up + home button + power button at the same time
3. Release when Samsung logo appears
4. Select with volume buttons "wipe cache partition" and select it with power button
5. Wait until wipe is complete
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]6. Highlight "Reboot System Now' and press the power button to execute.

You can also follow this video, but keep in mind that you should select Wipe Cache Parition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset!

[/FONT]Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 hard reset - YouTube

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hii all...

I wanna ask something about my phone i-9082 can upgrade to jelly bean 4.3...

Thanks before..

Welcome to Android Central! My understanding is that the Galaxy Grand Duos was recently updated to 4.2.2. It's usually up to your wireless provider if your phone gets more updates. You could always try to root your phone and flash an Android 4.3 ROM.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,
I too had a lot of problems and fed of trying a lot. As per Samsung Executive, the binary does not get updated with the version / update / upgrade patches. This is a universal problem with Samsung Android Devices. Esp. galaxy grand I-9082 devices. hence, I went to the Samsung Service Center and they updated my software. Now the device work awesome. I would suggest to go to Samsung Service Center.

If in warranty: Free software update
If out of warranty: 150 INR

Rohit Dodia

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Dear,

I have tried following the steps which u have mentioned in the forum. But when I follow the steps it shows me NO COMMAND and then the further instructions are seen like Wipe Cache Partition and other..

I have selected the Wipe Cache Partition it shows me error and restarts the phone..

Wen i use my camera and after clicking the photos i click on gallery in the same window it takes hell lot of time to go the gallery section.
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Please advise..

taydag

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Gentlemen
I have replied an approximate solution on another on thread

Hello all
i was also suffering from the same problem. I sorted it out by disabling all the unnecessary background applications via application manager. Almost all applications belongs to Samsung were disabled and now the phone is better than before.
Attention: I did not reinstalled android. Android 4.2.2 is still running since the OTA update. As I cant upload image files here, I can send list of my disabled apps to anyone interested via email

Posted via Android Central App

Posted via Android Central App

aksagar

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried to remove catch. but it is showing error in the middle and the mobile restarting. Can you please suggest a solution..
sagar

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Error message appearing. What to do now?

Welcome to Android Central! Can you be more specific? Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos, and are you trying to Android 4.3 (which is what this thread is about)? What do you mean by "I tried to remove catch"--do you mean you tried to wipe the system cache?

Trust Walker

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 freezes every time I use it. A message pops out which say "google play services has stopped working"...and that I should update Google Play services.Now the Problem is I use play store to update my applications hence it is the one that has stopped working.I have performed the HARD SET but still the phone is freezing.Please help.

deepgagan83

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Dear

If your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 just go to settings---> Application Manager--->All---> Gallery

on Clicking the Gallery you would be astonished to see the Gallery Size upto 100 GB ,
Press the Button Clear Data .

Now we check the performance of your smartphone.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
GT-I9082 Galaxy Grand DUOS

PDA: I9082XXUBNB2

CSC: I9082ODDBNB1

MODEM: I9082DDUBNB1

Added: 2014-02-11

This 97 MB latest upgrade has added to grand duos problems

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have rolled back to previous version (Novemeber 2013 4.2.2 update version) uisng ODIN.

I have downloaded the below and ODIN from Firmwares | SamMobile

Model: GT-I9082

Model name: Galaxy Grand DUOS

Version: Android 4.2.2

Changelist: 1329016

Build date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 07:09:05 +0000

Product Code: INU

PDA: I9082XXUBMK3

CSC: I9082ODDBMJ1

MODEM: I9082DDUBMK1