Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Need 4.1.2 Rom + Backup Question

Hey guys!

So I have a device here that's not running well on 4.2.2. If I back it up using KIES will it be possible to install the older 4.1.2 Rom and then install the backup I previously made?
    I'm asking cause I'm pretty sure that it wasn't possible to install a backup from a newer OS version (iOS 7) to my iPhone 4S running an older OS version (iOS 6).

And could somebody maybe tell me where to get a stock 4.1.2 Rom for a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus? Call me stupid but I wasn't too successful when looking for it on google!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Phil

Global Posts
    18,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Need 4.1.2 Rom + Backup Question

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Schulte View Post
    Hey guys!

So I have a device here that's not running well on 4.2.2. If I back it up using KIES will it be possible to install the older 4.1.2 Rom and then install the backup I previously made?
    I'm asking cause I'm pretty sure that it wasn't possible to install a backup from a newer OS version (iOS 7) to my iPhone 4S running an older OS version (iOS 6).

And could somebody maybe tell me where to get a stock 4.1.2 Rom for a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus? Call me stupid but I wasn't too successful when looking for it on google!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Phil
    Try Samsung Updates.com
    There is a bunch of ROM files there. You need to look for your exact model number and possibly region code. Once you have that, you can load the file via ODIN.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: