[Help] ROOTING a ZTE Majesty

Sparkster691

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm in a predicament. I just bought a new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk. It arrived just today and ever since I got it, I've been trying to find ways to root it... but to no avail. I've tried several different methods such as doing it manually, Superoneclick, and this one way I found on Youtube (How to Root Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)(Universal Method) - YouTube). Now, the one on Youtube actually kind of WORKS, but the problem is that it doesn't stay... and when you try to run a root program, it says something like "Superuser cannot request super authority" or something like that. After a restart, the Superuser disappears from the phone.

I do realize this is a new phone and all... and what makes it worse is that it is Android 4.1.2. There has got to be someone out there who has cracked this already. If there is, please do help. My brain is melting from trying to figure this stuff out XD

Thanks so much you guys.

Sparkster691

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Bump! I'm sorry for bumping, but I still can't find any answers. I tried Motochopper, but that didn't work. It only installed the Superuser... but it was basically unusable. I will give full credit to whoever can figure this out and I will make it known on the internet how to do this. If this isn't in the right section even, I would like for it to get moved so this thread does get answered.

Thanks to everyone here!

Edit:
I just tried this and it didn't work, even though it said it succeeded
http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/r...y-other-android-phone-one-easy-click-0148945/

I think I'll just post what doesn't work lol

Last edited:

Eddie Mcvain

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
i have one as well. it's not a bad phone, though the sound quality through headphones in garbage for music. hopefully a root will come through soon for this device.