updating apps

valuenyc

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have two Samsung devices using Jelly Bean (Galaxy S4 phone & Galaxy Tab 3). I'd like control over which applications update automatically and even control over whether I get notifications about updates. One day I got a message that there were a dozen updates. Then I got a message that I was trying to install an alien operating system. (Or something like that. I was on the run at that moment.)

Anyway, between these two devices, there are a lot of apps I don't use and probably never will. Can someone point me in the direction I need to go to simplify and minimize all this? I'm willing to allow updates to the operating system to happen automatically, but I'd like a say over all the rest.

Thanks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

In your account in the Play Store you can go into settings and enable or disable automatic app updating. You get there by entering the Play Store, going to the Menu, and then select Settings. You should see a screen not too dissimilar from this:

PlayStore.png

valuenyc

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, thanks so much. I thought it was something like that but couldn't quite get there. It would be nice to be able to choose app-by-app but, hey, I've really got nothing to complain about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34