External wifi booster antenna

AlanPent

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here so forgive me !! be gentle.
I have recently purchased a tablet running jelly 4.2 for use here and France. In the uk all works fine, but I have found that in my property in France being the stone walls are so thick I cannot get signal inside ( the same applies on my laptop). With my laptop I attach an external wifi booster antenna which is located outside and give me 100% signal. I tried plugging into my tablet but that doesn't work ....I guess as it is not plug&play. Is there an app or program tweek / upgrade I can use to get an external antenna to work.
I don't want to use the dongle sort ! as I have a wifi fon account that is free.
Any Help please.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here so forgive me !! be gentle.
I have recently purchased a tablet running jelly 4.2 for use here and France. In the uk all works fine, but I have found that in my property in France being the stone walls are so thick I cannot get signal inside ( the same applies on my laptop). With my laptop I attach an external wifi booster antenna which is located outside and give me 100% signal. I tried plugging into my tablet but that doesn't work ....I guess as it is not plug&play. Is there an app or program tweek / upgrade I can use to get an external antenna to work.
I don't want to use the dongle sort ! as I have a wifi fon account that is free.
Any Help please.
I am not saying there is no such thing but I use a wife repeater at my house so me and my neighbor share a broadband connection. Just a suggestion. Amped Wireless Range Extenders

AlanPent

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm talking of the usb wifi adapter which is used if you have an older pc or laptop, but I am using as an external antenna which works 100% on my laptop.
I have to do this as I do not have a telephone or broadbrand line where I am in france. but I can pick up wifi.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Put a WiFi range extender outside to pick up that WiFi, it should become amplifiered enough for getting WiFi inside the house.

Last edited:

AlanPent

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Adam
Sounds like the way forward
What wifi range extender do you know that's works with Android. Some are Ariel types that say don't work with tablets, other plug types require a router to plug into. I don't have a telephone or broadband line...Help
Cheers

Last edited:

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I use this ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVM-2000260...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3175358

... and it's providing my Android phones/tablet, my Windows/Linux notebook and my BlueRay :)
it's a network device, not depending on an OS, for its set up I used a browser.

But it's not an outdoor device, depending on your location in France you'd have to build some shield.
Or look for an outdoor device, such devices exist for extending WiFi in the garden (your reverse use ;) )

Kevin Arlint

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
im not up on your fon account
to me 802.11 b/g/n wifi is 802.11b/g/n wifi , but note the ( n ),,, is new (faster and longer range ) also for me, the best type is ,,malty media plus,, (for streaming video on wifi ) lesser did not work !
trying a $10.00 b/g/n android /windows/ipad compatable small (no wire ) mini usb snap in ( dongle ) so small type ,grate outside and hotspot s,, for your tablet or older laptops
also wall plug 110 a/c,, type wifi repeater / wifi booster, ok at home

i just use Linksys Multy Streaming 802.11 b/g/n router . on my desktop has the matching dongle,( it should be matched to work) get the best ! from,,, best buy ,, stores (it go s upstars well )
adding it to my rouder. gave me ..4.. Ethernet ports as well , be ware Linksys has cheaper modles that I tried ,only there top of the line and (mated dongle ) works upstars,,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude