text input issue on all forums.

SteveDBMe

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I just got the Note 2 last week and I'm noticing that I keep having issues with text input on all kinds of forums--- including this one, right now.
I'll attempt to enter text, & at a certain point the cursor will jump, the text entry field will not allow me to scroll, after the cursor jumps I won't be able to get it to drag back to the point where I'd previously been at.

I'll then have to wait, or even cancel my typing and give up. It just happened again right now. It jumped back to the first line, wouldn't let me scroll back down to this position. I waited a couple of moments and then dragged it down.

It really is incredibly frustrating, & irritating. How can this be fixed so as to not keep happening?

Thanks.
Steve.

Posted via Android Central App

Damian Dunphy

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Any chance that devs read this?
I have had a problem with text input over the last few releases of Android.

I prefer to use the 3x4 alphabet with predictive text on, this is the way I have always done it.

Over the last couple of updates rather than 'teach' your phone individual words Android has the option to learn from your vocabulary from various inputs (text, email, facebook etc.).

To turn off predictive you have to enter a menu rather than press an onscreen button, which is a pain.

When you teach Android your vocabulary it rarely remembers the words for more than 8 hours.

I have to spell my name wrong often because the phone doesn't remember how I spell it.

Anything that could be remotely rude is omitted entirely from the dictionary and there are some massive glaring omissions of words which form a standard part of English language.

This might not be such a problem if the qwerty input was as effective as the iPhone, but it isn't.

This has become a massive burden and unless it is fixed in future releases I won't be buying an Android phone in the future.

It's not difficult to fix. Even reverting to the original would be a massive step forward.

You may have noticed that I have typed this on a computer!

SteveDBMe

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope they read this. I didn't post it because I like whistling Dixie.

This issue I posted is incredibly frustrating and it's really De motivating for my having an android. For all the discussion on how great Android is supposed to be and they won't fix what apparently Windows dealt with decades ago. ......
I can't even post this without it happening here.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc