Google Sync Error/Calendar Problems

bergmannar

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Under my Settings > Accounts > Google, it's giving me a 'Sync error' with the message: 'Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly'. But all Google apps I use (Gmail, Play Store...) are still working fine... I also checked each sync individually to see if it was one thing causing the problem, but everything (even things I don't care about, like Picasa Web Albums, or Blogger) is syncing normally.

The reason this is a real problem is because my Google calendars aren't syncing, regardless of everything 'working fine'. I just tried getting my calendar on my phone today, but my calendars weren't showing up under 'Calendars to display' in the Google Calendars app (not the android calendar app).

Why is this happening? Any know fixes?

P.S. I've tried removing/re-adding my Google Account and restarting my phone already.

djshack

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Under my Settings > Accounts > Google, it's giving me a 'Sync error' with the message: 'Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly'. But all Google apps I use (Gmail, Play Store...) are still working fine... I also checked each sync individually to see if it was one thing causing the problem, but everything (even things I don't care about, like Picasa Web Albums, or Blogger) is syncing normally.

The reason this is a real problem is because my Google calendars aren't syncing, regardless of everything 'working fine'. I just tried getting my calendar on my phone today, but my calendars weren't showing up under 'Calendars to display' in the Google Calendars app (not the android calendar app).

Why is this happening? Any know fixes?

P.S. I've tried removing/re-adding my Google Account and restarting my phone already.

I've had the same error message present for a few days now, and the only issue I'm noticing is that Gmail does not seem to be pushing notifications. I'll have no email (which seems weird), open Gmail, refresh it, and have numerous unread messages. I haven't tried deleting the account yet, however, as I wanted to see if anyone else has been having this issue for the last few days at least

TimBoch

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Verizon Galaxy S3 for about a week and my google calendar is my only service that has failed to sync. Last sync was on November 4th and it shows sync fail only for the calendar and says the service should return soon.

This seem strange since my other services work fine and my calendar shows correctly on may HP Touchpad and in the browser.

The link to google didn't correct the calendar sync issue for me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ladyx

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Moto X since Friday and have had this problem since I got it. I'm also having an issue getting my voicemails notifications. I have Sprint.

nanosam

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
None of the solutions I've found online worked - including turning my phone on and off, removing by Google account, clearing caches/data, installing and uninstalling multiple applications.

What finally worked for me was:

1. Settings
2. Data Usage
3. Scroll to the bottom until you find Google Calendar Sync
4. Uncheck Restrict Background Data

Ricardo Coelho2

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
What worked for me was:
1) Unistall the calendar app
2) Go to App Management
2.1) Clear Cache