- 2 Posts
how do I "trick" my browser into thinking I'm not on android? (streaming tv)
So my local tv channel does streaming tv through internet.
They also have a android app for this purpose... both services are free so I'm not asking for any shady advise here.
My problem is: when I try to stream the programs through dolphin browser (settings - recognise as desktop browser)
The wb page gives me the following message : "please download our app for android for this service".
The app however is crap and does not work half of the time.
So my question is: can I trick the streaming service into believing I am not visiting the website on android?
Posted via Android Central App
- 11-03-2013, 06:33 AM #2
- 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM #4
Re: how do I "trick" my browser into thinking I'm not on android? (streaming tv)
Probably a Flash issue, which hasn't been supported 'officially' by Android for a couple of versions now.
(So much for the webosphere moving en masse to HTML 5)
I have the same interest in online viewing of a couple of networks who are late to introduce an Android app but who stream online. For me, this was resolved with the installation of a Flash-friendly Android browser (in my case, Firefox. Chrome ain't it and I'm not sure about Dolphin) and then the manual download and installation of the last Android-friendly Flash. There's instructions - if not in this forum, via a quickie Google - and its not too onerous or dangerous at all. Just do it all in the right order. Subsequent upgrades to the OS has not removed this capability and I enjoy streaming network TV.
Hope this helps.
- 11-05-2013, 11:00 PM #5
- By Analyss14 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 9Last Post: 12-17-2013, 06:54 PM
- By AaronM1 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 13Last Post: 11-24-2013, 06:13 AM
- By worknman in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
- By Medellin Parcero in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 11-03-2013, 05:42 PM
- By rockrchic923 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2013, 02:06 PM