1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do I "trick" my browser into thinking I'm not on android? (streaming tv)

So my local tv channel does streaming tv through internet.

They also have a android app for this purpose... both services are free so I'm not asking for any shady advise here.

My problem is: when I try to stream the programs through dolphin browser (settings - recognise as desktop browser)
    The wb page gives me the following message : "please download our app for android for this service".

The app however is crap and does not work half of the time.

So my question is: can I trick the streaming service into believing I am not visiting the website on android?

Thanks,
    A

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: how do I "trick" my browser into thinking I'm not on android? (streaming tv)

did you try using the Chrome browser and in settings choose "Request desktop site"?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: how do I "trick" my browser into thinking I'm not on android? (streaming tv)

@Gekko.

Nope...does not work

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Probably a Flash issue, which hasn't been supported 'officially' by Android for a couple of versions now.

(So much for the webosphere moving en masse to HTML 5)

I have the same interest in online viewing of a couple of networks who are late to introduce an Android app but who stream online. For me, this was resolved with the installation of a Flash-friendly Android browser (in my case, Firefox. Chrome ain't it and I'm not sure about Dolphin) and then the manual download and installation of the last Android-friendly Flash. There's instructions - if not in this forum, via a quickie Google - and its not too onerous or dangerous at all. Just do it all in the right order. Subsequent upgrades to the OS has not removed this capability and I enjoy streaming network TV.

Hope this helps.

Dolphin works with the old flash.