1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Sim card not detected after rooting

I own a GIONEE P2 mobile phone with MTK6572 processor and android 4.2.2. I successfully rooted the phone and it was working fine until my internet stopped one morning and upon restarting the phone, it wrote SIM1: SIM card not detected, SIM2: sim card not detected. I have tried all I could yet no avail as I can't use SIM card in the phone. I used MTK droid tool but nothing could be done, also entering engineering mode with ##4636##, the radio remained permanently turned off and couldn't turn on. I used IMEI tools to rewrite and replace the NVRAM files yet nothing happened. it has been very frustrating trying to find a solution but none found. Please anyone with any idea on how to resolve this issue should please help. WIFI and bluetooth still work fine.

Thanks in advance:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: Sim card not detected after rooting

It might not work, but try taking out the Sim & reinsert it. My unrooted phone occasionally does this.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Android 4.2.2)