App "Easy Screenshot" asking for superuser permission

arikata

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
This app has never asked for superuser permissions before, but today it asked for it several times. I accepted the request until I decided to see what could happen if I deny it. The app still captured screenshots. So I'm wondering what was all those requests for? Can someone please enlighten me?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This app has never asked for superuser permissions before, but today it asked for it several times. I accepted the request until I decided to see what could happen if I deny it. The app still captured screenshots. So I'm wondering what was all those requests for? Can someone please enlighten me?

Welcome to the forums.
What device are you using it on?

arikata

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your welcome! :)

I have a Galaxy S2, 4.1.2. I deleted the app since I realized the new OS lets me get screenshots no trouble. BUt, I'm still wondering why it was asking me root access when it had never done it before neither in 4.1.4 nor 4.1.2.

Also, I don't know what happened but yesterday or today my telephone restarted by itself (as it often does lately) and all my stuff was gone from the home screens, except for the stuff that comes with the phone initially and the syncing option was on even though I keep it off. Does the system automatically update? And it was requiring me I log in to my e-mail even though I had turned the syncing option off already.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but phone keeps rebooting and oftentimes gets stuck while launching my widgets and keeps rebooting.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the two are related. I would do a factory reset just to clear out any old cache files from any updates.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Golfdriver. Factory reset the device to clear any issues. Enjoy your time on the forums and let us know if you have any questions

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo