Can't get my browser default to stay - Android Jelly Bean - ANSWERED

ShaneCookOH

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am a new(er) member of the android community. After a couple of months using a Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7, I found myself always having to select a browser. I had already selected one, so why did it keep asking me? As it turns out, Android will sometimes allow you to set multiple options as the "Always" option. Next time the message pops up, make a mental note of the options provided. Now go to the Apps section and clear each of them from being the default. Your next selection for default should stick. Cheers.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a new(er) member of the android community. After a couple of months using a Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7, I found myself always having to select a browser. I had already selected one, so why did it keep asking me? As it turns out, Android will sometimes allow you to set multiple options as the "Always" option. Next time the message pops up, make a mental note of the options provided. Now go to the Apps section and clear each of them from being the default. Your next selection for default should stick. Cheers.

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.
I didn't even know this. Thanks for sharing.