Phone is different after factory reset

Jibbyc

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first post, sorry if I've do anything wrong!

Basically, I reset my phone (Sony Xperia P) to factory settings about an hour or three ago to clear up some of the junk that I'd accumulated, after restoring my contacts, messages , apps that I actually wanted etc; I'd noticed that despite still being on 4.1.2, there were a couple of things that were different about the phone.

A lot of this is just me rambling, the important things I'll put in bold, the rest of it is there for if you don't know what I'm referring to.

The first one, is the menu that comes up when I drag from the left side of the screen, something which seems to bug out quite a lot, and generally seems a bit 'laggy' when ever I do use it, and sometimes after clicking an icon, nothing happens.

The second, and probably more important thing, is the change of the 'swipe' lock screen I've noticed. Beforehand, when I pushed the unlock button, it would come up with the image I'd selected, and I could then swipe vertically to unlock it (with the picture opening like blinds from where I'd dragged). Now, upon unlocking, the default screen is my wallpaper with a circle encompassing a lock, which can be dragged left for a camera, right to unlock, or upwards to several icons to get to some apps (Chrome, Phone, the default e-mail, a magnifying glass (which leads to a 'This web page is not available' webpage on chrome, and Amazon MP3 - the latter of which I think is a bit random).

I can then swipe sideways to 'add widget' pages, or the other way to a 'social network in full' screen.

I added a Skysports football widget, which appears in the middle of the screen, in front of a different colour screen each time (which can look a bit taccy), but can't seem to find how to remove it.

The 'social' page, although looking very aesthetically pleasing, doesn't seem to work. I'm logged into both Facebook and Twitter (however, not Instagram, as I don't use it), but it still says 'connect with' Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. When I try to log into Facebook, it comes up with a log in screen, which never actually logs in when I enter my details, and I haven't tried the Twitter/Instagram icons.

I imagine there are a few other things that I haven't noticed yet, as I haven't really messed about with it that much.

My questions are:

Can I remove the side-menu? Or perhaps make it less buggy? (the Facebook page takes me to a 'not available' page, which is quite annoying).

Can I change the lock screen back to the 'Swipe' I had before the reset?
If not;
How do I remove widgets once added to the lock screen?

How do I get the social media page to work? That seems something that could be quite useful.

Sorry for the essay of a thread, thanks to anyone to helps!

Ben

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first post, sorry if I've do anything wrong!

Basically, I reset my phone (Sony Xperia P) to factory settings about an hour or three ago to clear up some of the junk that I'd accumulated, after restoring my contacts, messages , apps that I actually wanted etc; I'd noticed that despite still being on 4.1.2, there were a couple of things that were different about the phone.

A lot of this is just me rambling, the important things I'll put in bold, the rest of it is there for if you don't know what I'm referring to.

The first one, is the menu that comes up when I drag from the left side of the screen, something which seems to bug out quite a lot, and generally seems a bit 'laggy' when ever I do use it, and sometimes after clicking an icon, nothing happens.

The second, and probably more important thing, is the change of the 'swipe' lock screen I've noticed. Beforehand, when I pushed the unlock button, it would come up with the image I'd selected, and I could then swipe vertically to unlock it (with the picture opening like blinds from where I'd dragged). Now, upon unlocking, the default screen is my wallpaper with a circle encompassing a lock, which can be dragged left for a camera, right to unlock, or upwards to several icons to get to some apps (Chrome, Phone, the default e-mail, a magnifying glass (which leads to a 'This web page is not available' webpage on chrome, and Amazon MP3 - the latter of which I think is a bit random).

I can then swipe sideways to 'add widget' pages, or the other way to a 'social network in full' screen.

I added a Skysports football widget, which appears in the middle of the screen, in front of a different colour screen each time (which can look a bit taccy), but can't seem to find how to remove it.

The 'social' page, although looking very aesthetically pleasing, doesn't seem to work. I'm logged into both Facebook and Twitter (however, not Instagram, as I don't use it), but it still says 'connect with' Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. When I try to log into Facebook, it comes up with a log in screen, which never actually logs in when I enter my details, and I haven't tried the Twitter/Instagram icons.

I imagine there are a few other things that I haven't noticed yet, as I haven't really messed about with it that much.

My questions are:

Can I remove the side-menu? Or perhaps make it less buggy? (the Facebook page takes me to a 'not available' page, which is quite annoying).

Can I change the lock screen back to the 'Swipe' I had before the reset?
If not;
How do I remove widgets once added to the lock screen?

How do I get the social media page to work? That seems something that could be quite useful.

Sorry for the essay of a thread, thanks to anyone to helps!

Ben

I'm slightly confused, but I'll clarify a few things. Most of this is the default settings for android, you just changed them. I'm not sure to which side bar you're referring to, so I'll skip that. You should be able to change it back to your swipe under settings, and then lock-screen. You can remove widgets by holding down on them until you can move them up into a trash can that appears at the top of the screen. Once again, I'm not sure what you're referring to by "social page". Elaborate a little?

Jibbyc

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm not entirely sure what to say, but it appears to have sorted itself out since I posted this, I'm really confused... Thanks for your help, but it all appears to have gone back, I'm going to delete the thread, thanks for your help anyway!

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm not entirely sure what to say, but it appears to have sorted itself out since I posted this, I'm really confused... Thanks for your help, but it all appears to have gone back, I'm going to delete the thread, thanks for your help anyway!
No problem, I'm glad it got sorted out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01