Apps on SD card are grey since updating to 4.3?

fragin

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated my S4 (GTi9505) to version 4.3, and now all the apps which are on my SD card are grey squares rather than their own icons! How can I sort this out and keep them on the SD card? I've tried moving them to the phone storage and the pics come back, but as soon as i move them back to sd card they're gone again! It wasn't like this before, any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This worked for some:

"For those apps that are grayed on the home screen but not in apps, looks like the shortcut is losing some of the link information to the app on the sd card. Delete the delete the defective shortcut from your home screen and remake it (long press in blank space, select Apps and Widgets, select app). The new shortcut should look and work OK."

Verizon Galaxy S4 updated with Optical Reader, bug fixes | Android Central

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try the the suggestion posted above, it should fix the issue.

If it doesn't, try uninstalling the app then reinstalling it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devilsbane

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I experienced this with my Evo out of the box. When booting, the SD card wasn't available so it couldn't get the picture. I would load up a memory intensive app that would close background processes and then then when I went back to my home screen, the process would restart and I'd have icons. Recreating the icons would also work, until a reboot. Never had this as a problem with my Galaxy (I have an L720.08 on Sprint), even after upgrading to 4.3 yesterday.

What kind of memory card are you using (brand, class, and size) and how much free space is on it?

AitchKay

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here - had to make new icons for all of them.

Is this normal for all phones or could it be a sign that my SD card is about to fail?

philly0308

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This was the best fix for my exact same issue.
Thanks

This worked for some:

"For those apps that are grayed on the home screen but not in apps, looks like the shortcut is losing some of the link information to the app on the sd card. Delete the delete the defective shortcut from your home screen and remake it (long press in blank space, select Apps and Widgets, select app). The new shortcut should look and work OK."

Verizon Galaxy S4 updated with Optical Reader, bug fixes | Android Central

Susan Rae

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

THIS ANSWER WORKED FOR ME ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S4, THANKS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer