1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default charge samsung s4 ac adapter

Can I use my old iphone ac-usb plugs for the S4? I have lots of them, the output is pretty close, 5V - 1A

which I think only the outout matters?

I figured if/when I buy an extra cord all I'd need is the usb cable. If I'm not able to use them, what do I do with all these? I have like 5..does radioshack buy them or something? Maybe garage sale..

Thanks!

Default Re: charge samsung s4 ac adapter

You can use any micro usb cable with your Galaxy. Some are better than others, there are some apps out there that will display the current being supplied to your phone. The charger that ships with the phone supplies something like 1.2 or 1.5 amps of power (going off memory here). Some cheaper cords will only do like .3 or something. Needless to say, a charger supplying 300mA is going to take 4 times as long to charge as one supplying 1200mA.

Keep them as backups if you want or toss them. Radio shack is very unlikely to want them and you'll only get a few bucks from a garage sale I'm sure. If it were me, they would probably end up in the cord bin probably never to be used again but there just in case.

Default Re: charge samsung s4 ac adapter

The app I have on my phone is "Galaxy Charging Current *LITE*" It isn't necessarily the best app out there, but it was free and it does what I need. I didn't do a whole ton of research before installing it so you very well might find a better app.