HTC First Can't get SU or root Android 4.1.2

SaraGroves

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything in these (and other) forums, and I'm at wits end.

Trying to root the phone. I'm not a linux pro... but I can't get the su binaries in the /system/bin folder. It won't let me mount the system saying 'Over-lap error'.

AND When I run deamon, it will start, then it will say it doesn't exist. But it's in the bin folder. Not the su though. Also, I can't connect to HTC through their software to sync or unlock the bootloader. Any suggestions??

How can I fix these?? I'm going nuts!

HTC First (M7)

Much Love ~sara

Attachments

• 2013-11-16htc.png
    2013-11-16htc.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

drewhadsell21

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey if you are having trouble unlocking bootloader click on the link below.
The steps are very easy and is explained clearly so you should be able to unlock bootloader in no time.
The link will send you to a website with a video which works for all htc devices, I used the HTC First so yes
It works Enjoy Unlocking Bootloader!!

LINK - QbKing77 | Your Tech Simplified <(Recommended) OR How to Unlock the HTC One Bootloader [All Models] - YouTube

Also I still haven't figured out how to root my HTC first though.

kyler suess

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
How do i use Quick Root because i really want my HTC First rooted and i have tried many, many other methods of rooting HTC devices and they never work. :(

abdul munem

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello. i have same phone and OS as that of you. Tried to root but i got warning icon over device... means couldn't flash SU. basically i have issue that whenever i insert sim in my phone, Phone stops sensing WiFi networks. As a result i can't use internet. Read on Fourm that i have to root phone to gain SU permission and then it can solve my problem... i can't see it working :( can you please help!