[SOLVED] How: Chrome Beta "Add to home screen"
In chrome beta, the option to add a bookmark to home screen is gone. In non-beta chrome, you can long press a bookmark and the option to add a shortcut is there...
Where did they move the feature? How?
And the help page isn't helpful:
Create a home screen shortcut (Android only)
Add bookmarks that you frequently use to your Android Home screen as shortcuts.
Touch Chrome menu > Add to home screen.
That option isn't on the chrome menu of either the beta or non-beta version.
What am I missing?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
- 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM #2
- 11-18-2013, 02:18 AM #3
- 11-18-2013, 11:03 AM #4
- 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: How: Chrome Beta "Add to home screen"
According to the Chrome team blog, looks like they recently removed the 'Add to Homescreen' temporarily in the latest beta. They say it will return in a future update.
Chrome Releases: Chrome Beta for Android
"Chrome Beta for Android has been updated to 31.0.1650.60 and will be available in Google Play over the next few hours. This release fixes a number of browser crashes and removes the ability to add an application shortcut. This functionality will return in a future beta."
- 11-18-2013, 06:11 PM #6
- 11-21-2013, 12:18 AM #7
- By Equark in forum AT&TReplies: 4Last Post: 02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
- By th31u40rg0t in forum Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 01-01-2014, 06:28 PM
- By Hitesh Mantrala in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
- By Bigballer in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2013, 02:29 PM
- By Barso1 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2013, 12:38 PM