Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Need help getting back to stock

    I've been going at this for hours. I'm trying to install the stock ROM and kernel on my GS4 SPH-L720 after having it rooted and on a custom recovery. I can't get the phone to boot past the splash screen with the samsung S4 logo. Also when i try to flash the rom in Odin I get this:
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    i have no idea what to do and hve been searching far and wide for a solution. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you!
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by raumy View Post
    I've been going at this for hours. I'm trying to install the stock ROM and kernel on my GS4 SPH-L720 after having it rooted and on a custom recovery. I can't get the phone to boot past the splash screen with the samsung S4 logo. Also when i try to flash the rom in Odin I get this:
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    i have no idea what to do and hve been searching far and wide for a solution. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you!
    Welcome to the forums.

    Try redownloading the file.
    Different USB ports.
    Different USB cables.
    Update drivers.
    Restart PC

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

    Try redownloading the file.
    Different USB ports.
    Different USB cables.
    Update drivers.
    Restart PC
    Thanks for the info.
    I tried a new cable and port and had no luck. I am currently redownloading the file and will restart my PC after that and follow up with you. Thank you.
  4. #4  
    valapsp's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by raumy View Post
    i have no idea what to do and hve been searching far and wide for a solution. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you!
    Sometimes you have to perform a hard reset after flashing a ROM. Try that and let us know.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by valapsp View Post
    Sometimes you have to perform a hard reset after flashing a ROM. Try that and let us know.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I've done numerous hard resets. I don't believe thats the problem because odin can't even flash the rom
    -----UPDATE------
    redownloaded the firmware all together took forever but i believe it is working now. THANK YOU Golfdriver
    Last edited by raumy; 11-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by raumy View Post
    I've done numerous hard resets. I don't believe thats the problem because odin can't even flash the rom
    -----UPDATE------
    redownloaded the firmware all together took forever but i believe it is working now. THANK YOU Golfdriver
    No sweat. Hope it all works out. See you around the forums.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Need help getting back to stock

    [IMG][/IMG]

    Sent from my awesome HTC One using Tapatalk.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





Similar Threads

  1. Transfering playlists from Kies for Mac to Samsung Galaxy s4
    By Sunny Drake in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. Cheap Bluetooth to Aux for Car?
    By recDNA in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 05:24 PM
  3. How: Chrome Beta "Add to home screen"
    By dougltc in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 11:18 PM
  4. Help with car charger - which to buy?
    By 68malibu383 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
  5. tab 3 7" video playback help
    By AudiKerm in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 06:35 AM

Posting Permissions

B