Download photos to Nexus 10 down rd photos

Kiwiflyer

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can download my photos from my Canon Ixus onto my Nexus 10 Please?
I have tried with Nexus media importer and a USB OTG cable adapter without any success.
Would a card reader help, if so, which one?
Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Kiwiflyer

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - I should have said in my posting that I don't have access to a P C (am on holiday traveling)
Any other ideas please?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
While I have NMI on my phone, I don't have the cable and media with me at work. Any card reader attached to your OTG cable should work. Do you have a file manager app on your tablet?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I plugged a flash drive into my Nexus 5 (via OTG cable) and started NMI. In the upper left of the app I tapped the NMI icon. It opens a list of options.. I choose "advanced" near the bottom. On the next screen I tapped the square icon to the left of the USB icon. In the pop up window I tapped the flash drive. This displayed the contents of the flash drive. I tapped 2 files to highlight them. Then, I tapped the down facing arrow just above the flash drive list and chose copy, then "OK" in the pop up window. This copied the files to my phone. Using my file manager app I found they were copied to the root of the phone (/storage/emulated/). It should work the same way with your memory card in a reader connected to the OTG cable. It may also work directly connecting your camera to the OTG cable. There may be a way to specify where to copy the files too but I did not find it. Hope this helps.

Kiwiflyer

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your help.
Have decided to keep filling memory cards with photos & download them to my PC when I get home.
This has to be the best stress free way for me now - such a shame that Nexus 10 is missing the option to be able to do this.
Apart from that, its a brilliant bit of kit!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon