Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No option to turn mobile data on or off on Galaxy S3

I had a galaxy s3 with sprint for the last year but got tired of paying almost $90/month and switched to straight talk. Had to buy another S3 since my sprint S3 had no SIM card, so I bought an ATT S3, running android 4.1.2. I set up the APN as instructed by straight talk and everything works except data... just can't connect to the internet. On my old sprint S3, there is an option to turn data on and off in the top menu bar (when you swipe downwards from the top of the screen), but this option does not exist on this phone. There are buttons for wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc but NO DATA! At first I was thinking it was the APN settings, but now I am thinking there is something else wrong because I don't even see the data button to toggle it on or off. I can't see incorrect APN settings preventing the toggle data option from even showing on the phone.

Any idea what is wrong?

Default Re: No option to turn mobile data on or off on Galaxy S3

No idea, sorry. But you might want to ask in the at&t s3 forum: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully a mod will move it.

Try settings > data usage and look for a mobile data on/off switch

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That is checked and enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by KTKareen View Post
    Try settings > data usage and look for a mobile data on/off switch

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Same issue here. Mobile Data is checked and enabled, but does not work. Tried restart, still no funciona.