4.3 issues

car_pe

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to the jellybean 4.3 on my galaxy s3 yesterday. I understand their are probably a few glitches that need to be worked out, and overall I'm content with the changes, except one big (to me) issue.
When I download a pic from fb or the browser, they pop onto my notification bar then go into my download (pic) folder. I have either cleared or moved each picture in that folder.
Since the update, I have 3 download notifications on the top of my screen telling me of 3 pics...that were actually downloaded/deleted well be for the update. I've cleared them numerous times, did a battery pull x2, and gone into each and every folder to see if they're hiding. Also cleared the ram, deleted some old picture apps, and the download picture folder to start over.
They STILL pop up on my notification bar as of they are new downloaded pictures. Any ideas how to fix this?
Not to mention my battery drains insanely fast now. Any apps running in the back I could find and possibly clear?

Posted via Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Due to the recent update, you may want to give it a day or two for the ROM to cool down and get acquainted with the setup. Of course if you do still have such problems, you can clear cache/data for the apps responsible for the constant notifications or factory reset if that still fails to remedy the issue.

NothingToSeeHere

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I had that same problem along with several others I'm STILL trying to fix. Most irritating upgrade I've ever experienced. (But at least I'm not bricked.)

I had to clear everything from the "Downloads -> Other downloads" tab to get rid of those nuisance alerts. Hope it works for you.

car_pe

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I had that same problem along with several others I'm STILL trying to fix. Most irritating upgrade I've ever experienced. (But at least I'm not bricked.)

I had to clear everything from the "Downloads -> Other downloads" tab to get rid of those nuisance alerts. Hope it works for you.

Deleting it from the 'other downloads' folder, a folder I was completely unaware of, worked. The downloads have not returned. Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

mitsubishiman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Easier than copy and paste, it is just one of the similar issues individuals are seeing after the 4.3 update, I also had the ghost downloading, the battery life is diminished and I have connectivity problems with the net. wi-fi has to be searched for when I change locations when it was automatic, the list goes on and on and on.
I do not wish to have to perform a factory reset, this option results in basically starting over, if that is the option I will do so with an option other than Android, going shopping this week for alternatives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks