Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Anyone can revert back to Jelly Bean from kitkat! WugFresh!

I just rolled back my Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 wifi from kitkat to jelly bean and have restored the ability to run Flash.

Download to your PC, and Install, Go here for; Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.8 | WugFresh

On WugFresh use; 'Back To Stock > Flash Stock / Unroot', carefully read and follow set up instructions. Do, 'Initial Set Up' first from main menu.

Go here to figure out what version to run; https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

I had some connectivity issues keeping Google USB , Nexus 7 drivers to act right, had to manually install, also hung up on ADB, which I some how fixed by switching

Settings; Storage; Tap on triple dots, then open USB computer connection; where i unchecked and eventually rechecked Media device (MTP)

WugFresh is fully automatic or as very close to what you can get, hey, I don't know shxt about unlock and root but I manged to do it!

Go to settings; about tablet; tap on Build Number 7 times to get into developer mode, then {} Developer options will appear in Settings where you check USB debugging. Also another thing is power down, then press down at same time, power button and volume down to get into the area where you can allow WegFresh to unlock and root. Just carefully read and follow instructions on WugFresh website!!!!

I swear if I can do it, you can too, now going to work on my Nexus 4 rollback. Kitkat version start with K and Jelly Bean with J! Plus must be for wifi or carrier and 1st Gen or 2nd Gen Nexus7.
  2. Best Answer

I love the WugFresh toolkit. I went from 4.4 on my Nexus 7 to SlimBeans 4.3.1 using WugFresh yesterday. Very nice indeed.

Default Re: Anyone can revert back to Jelly Bean from kitkat! WugFresh!

There is already a way to make Flash work on 4.4 using Dolphin Browser. I'll stick with KitKat.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

I love the WugFresh toolkit. I went from 4.4 on my Nexus 7 to SlimBeans 4.3.1 using WugFresh yesterday. Very nice indeed.
    Grand Master Moosc

Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Here is how to enable Adobe Flash support in Android 4.4 KitKat

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Here-...KitKat_id49851
    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    There is already a way to make Flash work on 4.4 using Dolphin Browser. I'll stick with KitKat.
    I'm very happy for you!

Hi guys! Please can you help me to get rid of Kitkat on my note 3 SM N9005. I really want to rollback to jellybeam. Its already rooted device. Thanks in advance! PS.If someone know ho to make pictures on my sd card again readable after the crap kitkat upd I may stay on it. Cheers

Many thanks for your great post! I successfully rolled back to JB and bunged a donation over to Wugfresh.

However it did not sort out my issue as I had hoped - namely wifi (which had worked on my N7TLE out of the box, but had issues after installing 4.4.2).

Have you - or anybody else - got any suggestions as to where I might go for further help (have a ticket with Google but no joy). I can get a non-working connection to my router (IP works ping etc but no internet), and a fully working one via tethering on my phone (!?). Watching the connection status as hit 'Connect' you can see the status start off as OK (white bars (blue in Jelly Bean, white in KK) and then amber after about half a sec (white in JB, amber in KK). So even though it's had a complete new OS installed and factory reset something has changed somewhere to what was configured when I took the device out of the box originally and it connected to the same SSID seamlessly.

Otherwise its back to the factory.

Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Forget the connection and try to connect again. If that doesn't work, long-press the connection, modify the connection, Show advanced options, scroll up a little and drop down the IP settings. Change it to Static and look at the IP address. If it's getting an IP address from your router (10.x, 172,x or 192.x) the problem is most likely with the device. If it's a 169.x address, you're not getting an IP address from your router. It could be a problem with the router, with the way the device is set up or with the device itself.