Update/Upgrade unlocked android phone

Jack Jamison

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Android (4.2.3) phone and inserted the sim card from my earlier AT&T flip phone and all is well. I am a new Android user and may want to update to 4.3 and since I expect to use the phone for some time I expect I'll want to Update to 5.1 (I hope I have the update/upgrade terminology correct). The phone is a PAE7189 and I'm unsure of the brand name; I think it may be a Star or Generic but I don't expect much manufacturer support.

Can I do these update/upgrades and If so could you point me to where I can learn how?

TIA,
Jack

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Android (4.2.3) phone and inserted the sim card from my earlier AT&T flip phone and all is well. I am a new Android user and may want to update to 4.3 and since I expect to use the phone for some time I expect I'll want to Update to 5.1 (I hope I have the update/upgrade terminology correct). The phone is a PAE7189 and I'm unsure of the brand name; I think it may be a Star or Generic but I don't expect much manufacturer support.

Can I do these update/upgrades and If so could you point me to where I can learn how?

TIA,
Jack

You'll have to check with the manufacturer if they're working on an update.

Or find someone that makes ROMs for that phone.