- 1 Posts
Update/Upgrade unlocked android phone
I bought an unlocked Android (4.2.3) phone and inserted the sim card from my earlier AT&T flip phone and all is well. I am a new Android user and may want to update to 4.3 and since I expect to use the phone for some time I expect I'll want to Update to 5.1 (I hope I have the update/upgrade terminology correct). The phone is a PAE7189 and I'm unsure of the brand name; I think it may be a Star or Generic but I don't expect much manufacturer support.
Can I do these update/upgrades and If so could you point me to where I can learn how?
- 12-04-2013, 01:04 PM #2a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- By James Changstein in forum Moto XReplies: 12Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:01 PM
- By Ry in forum Moto XReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2013, 07:36 PM
- By mbressman in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 12-06-2013, 09:05 AM
- By AndroidDario in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
- By Scotly50 in forum Moto XReplies: 12Last Post: 12-04-2013, 01:01 PM