Galaxy Note 2 - Screen Mirroring disconnecting after update to 4.3

lejon1

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have used my Galaxy Note2 together with an All-Share dongle showing screen mirroring with projector. This has been working perfectly for months but when I got N2 updated to Android 4.3 the screen mirroring gets connected but immediately disconnects.

Anybody have a clue? What is wrong?

I use it in education and is completely lost in the dark now.

Raman Poruri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Same situation here. I updated my Samsung note 2 with 4.3 and now cannot mirror the screen to my dongle.
Don't know what to do as I am very much dependant on this feature.

Arjun Sachdeva

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem. I have a sony TV and would use screen mirror pretty often. Ever since the upgrade to 4.3 screen mirror doesnt work.
Would do a lot of good if someone posts a way out.

Michael Ruhland1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used my Galaxy Note2 together with an All-Share dongle showing screen mirroring with projector. This has been working perfectly for months but when I got N2 updated to Android 4.3 the screen mirroring gets connected but immediately disconnects.

Anybody have a clue? What is wrong?

I use it in education and is completely lost in the dark now.

Me too. Used it everyday, now connects and immediately says session will end. Love the new layout. Luckily my wife's s4 still works.

frankland7

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Before the update (when I was on 4.1.2), screen mirroring worked perfectly using AllShare Cast with my Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro. After updating to 4.3, this is what happens:

Turn screen mirroring on
Phone sees the ScreenBeam Pro right away, and begins the connection process
I usually get a message saying that the device paired correctly
I get a message stating that I have connected successfully
On the ScreenBeam Pro, it is still going through what appears to be a security validation of some sort
On my phone, I then get a message stating that screen mirroring has been turned off (when I check the phone, it has indeed been turned off)

scummings2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you are rooted you have to use triangle away and it will work perfect even better than before the update. But I don't know how to get it to work on non rooted
Hope this helps you all.

feng997

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Support HK has given the solution of performing "Factory Data Reset" of Note 2 can fix the problem. I've just done and it does work. But remember to backup your data before resetting it.

Jesse McGuay

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm running default 4.3. Now screen mirror is dead. Have read clearing cache or factory data reset might work but not sure what I'd need to do/backup. Ive ran an app called clean master to try n wipe cache but not sure if it cleared the right cache or not but didnt help. Is there any guide or other alternatives I can try to fix the problem?

feng997

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do need the Factory Data Reset for Note 2. Seems no other choices. Suggest saving data to somewhere and reload after reset. Re-install Apps instead doing "Backup + Reset" for I did find problem if using this option. Finally, u find screening mirroring performs better than b4 (maybe).

frankland7

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This is an update to my earlier post.

I had the same problem with my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 after updating from 4.1.2 to 4.3. I am using the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro. Screen mirroring on my wife's T-Mobile Galaxy S3 was not affected by update.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and restore my phone to factory defaults. My screen mirroring now functions flawlessly again. Please note that I did NOT restore my phone from a backup for two reasons (phone contacts re-installed themselves):
-I did not want to re-install many of the apps anyway
-I did not want to take the risk that I might be putting the same problem back into the phone

I manually re-downloaded most of the apps that I wanted back onto the phone, re-configured my ring tones, home screens etc., and most of the other things that you have to do after restoring to factory defaults. Thus far, everything is working now (except that I missed two phone calls that did not come through, but I cannot duplicate the issue whenever I test it).

I also wanted to get my "Google Experience" launcher working again so that I can launch "Google Now" using only my voice, which is working again now as well.

frankland7

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100%. I restored to factory defaults, manually re-downloaded and re-installed the apps (instead of using a backup), and all is well (see my updated post). I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, using an ActionTec ScreenBeam Pro for my mirroring.

Me too

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaunick

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have Note 2 verizon and after update mine did Same and factory Data Reset Fixed Mine Also
Thanks for original Post Helped a Lot. Tried a Lot of other thing First.

teejay2013

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Having same problem but this fix the problem instantly which is go to play store download screen mirroring patch run it on your phone and then activate the screen mirroring patch and that is it the screen and media on your phone is then transmitted to your big scree easily. Thanks hope you find this helpful.

toch315

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I followed the instruction and downloaded the samsung screen mirroring patch from google play. It worked instantly. thank you very much. more power to android!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej