Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 - Screen Mirroring disconnecting after update to 4.3

I have used my Galaxy Note2 together with an All-Share dongle showing screen mirroring with projector. This has been working perfectly for months but when I got N2 updated to Android 4.3 the screen mirroring gets connected but immediately disconnects.

Anybody have a clue? What is wrong?

I use it in education and is completely lost in the dark now.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 - Screen Mirroring disconnecting after update to 4.3

Same situation here. I updated my Samsung note 2 with 4.3 and now cannot mirror the screen to my dongle.
    Don't know what to do as I am very much dependant on this feature.

i have the same problem. I have a sony TV and would use screen mirror pretty often. Ever since the upgrade to 4.3 screen mirror doesnt work.
    Would do a lot of good if someone posts a way out.

Quote Originally Posted by lejon1 View Post
    I have used my Galaxy Note2 together with an All-Share dongle showing screen mirroring with projector. This has been working perfectly for months but when I got N2 updated to Android 4.3 the screen mirroring gets connected but immediately disconnects.

Anybody have a clue? What is wrong?

I use it in education and is completely lost in the dark now.
    Me too. Used it everyday, now connects and immediately says session will end. Love the new layout. Luckily my wife's s4 still works.

I have the same problem. Before the update (when I was on 4.1.2), screen mirroring worked perfectly using AllShare Cast with my Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro. After updating to 4.3, this is what happens:

Turn screen mirroring on
    Phone sees the ScreenBeam Pro right away, and begins the connection process
    I usually get a message saying that the device paired correctly
    I get a message stating that I have connected successfully
    On the ScreenBeam Pro, it is still going through what appears to be a security validation of some sort
    On my phone, I then get a message stating that screen mirroring has been turned off (when I check the phone, it has indeed been turned off)

If you are rooted you have to use triangle away and it will work perfect even better than before the update. But I don't know how to get it to work on non rooted
    Hope this helps you all.

Samsung Support HK has given the solution of performing "Factory Data Reset" of Note 2 can fix the problem. I've just done and it does work. But remember to backup your data before resetting it.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I can verify that the factory reset fixed the problem.

Okay, I'm running default 4.3. Now screen mirror is dead. Have read clearing cache or factory data reset might work but not sure what I'd need to do/backup. Ive ran an app called clean master to try n wipe cache but not sure if it cleared the right cache or not but didnt help. Is there any guide or other alternatives I can try to fix the problem?

Do need the Factory Data Reset for Note 2. Seems no other choices. Suggest saving data to somewhere and reload after reset. Re-install Apps instead doing "Backup + Reset" for I did find problem if using this option. Finally, u find screening mirroring performs better than b4 (maybe).
    Thanked by:

This is an update to my earlier post.

I had the same problem with my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 after updating from 4.1.2 to 4.3. I am using the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro. Screen mirroring on my wife's T-Mobile Galaxy S3 was not affected by update.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and restore my phone to factory defaults. My screen mirroring now functions flawlessly again. Please note that I did NOT restore my phone from a backup for two reasons (phone contacts re-installed themselves):
    -I did not want to re-install many of the apps anyway
    -I did not want to take the risk that I might be putting the same problem back into the phone

I manually re-downloaded most of the apps that I wanted back onto the phone, re-configured my ring tones, home screens etc., and most of the other things that you have to do after restoring to factory defaults. Thus far, everything is working now (except that I missed two phone calls that did not come through, but I cannot duplicate the issue whenever I test it).

I also wanted to get my "Google Experience" launcher working again so that I can launch "Google Now" using only my voice, which is working again now as well.

I agree 100%. I restored to factory defaults, manually re-downloaded and re-installed the apps (instead of using a backup), and all is well (see my updated post). I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, using an ActionTec ScreenBeam Pro for my mirroring.

Me too

Talking Re: Galaxy Note 2 - Screen Mirroring disconnecting after update to 4.3

I have Note 2 verizon and after update mine did Same and factory Data Reset Fixed Mine Also
    Thanks for original Post Helped a Lot. Tried a Lot of other thing First.

Default Galaxy Note 2 - Screen Mirroring disconnecting after update to 4.3

Hey people i found one way how fix this problem. Only what you must is download from Google Play this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mirroringpatch
    It is from Samsung and it works for me on Note II with 4.3
    Thanked by:

Its not working for me note 2 gt-n7100 international android stock 4.3 (rooted and traingle away).

Having same problem but this fix the problem instantly which is go to play store download screen mirroring patch run it on your phone and then activate the screen mirroring patch and that is it the screen and media on your phone is then transmitted to your big scree easily. Thanks hope you find this helpful.

This really did work. All I did was download the patch and right away everything was back to normal without conga factory reset. Thanks for link!

I followed the instruction and downloaded the samsung screen mirroring patch from google play. It worked instantly. thank you very much. more power to android!

Works for me ! Galaxy s3 - 4.3, Just install screen mirroring path ! Tks

Doesn't work on s3, it state " patch not needed" ?! Well.done Samsung

Screen Miroring patch not helpful for Note 2. Please help someone who has found the solution for Note 2 .

I have an S4 4.3 trying to mirror to Screenbeam Pro. The app listed above is not available for the S4. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

samsung note 2, upgraded to android 4.3 then factory reset and installed the patch. still cant scan my sony tv from mirror disolaying. but PPTV keeps working for screen sharing on before and after android os upgrade. strange!!

I have galaxy s4 can't even screen mirroring anymore after update plz help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast