- 2 Posts
slowwww dataaa and heats up. help.
OK guys I'm new here so don't drill me on rules and posts and skip introduction.
Ok I have a galaxy s3 running 4.1.2
It was virgin mobile. But I recently flashed it to metro PCs. I use the phone heavily and noticed the data slows up really bad. I mean bad. And it starts to get hot while I'm on YouTube or watching movies or etc. Movies and videos stay buffering or loading.
i believe i have unlimited data I tried all the simple things like rebooting and turning data on & off I checked my apps. uninstalled unnecessary apps. I even turn on developer options and keep processes to 4 maximum. I have installed the speed test app and get 1.40 mb download max speed on a good day. Literally. WORST WAS 0.03 mb max. Is it the metro towers? Is it the flash? I just need a general answer pushing me in the direction of the problem.
As I post this my phone is a little hot and this link is a visual screenshot
Last edited by izohn; 12-07-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added photo
- 12-10-2013, 01:09 AM #3
Re: slowwww dataaa and heats up. help.
Your data speeds can be pinned to your carrier. The heat may be from the cell working harder to keep your signal if it is weak. If you can, post a screenshot of your signal. Go to settings>about device>status.
From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.
- By D3MX in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 21Last Post: 03-27-2014, 08:46 AM
- By the gator in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 6Last Post: 12-24-2013, 10:16 AM
- By camcam9406 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 01:22 AM
- By GeneR88650 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
- By adam.bean in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:08 PM