| || |
Unfortunately, Email has stopped - Unable to check email
Hello fellow forum goers.
I recently have started to experiencing the infamous 'Unfortunately, Email has stopped" error with my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro. The phone is using Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Kernal 3.0.31-1371191. I have been able to use the native email application to check my email for easily the last year. However, last week, it has started to produce this issue. I am not sure what changed that has started to trigger it. I normally do not install updates, but as of a result of the error I have installed all updates to current to no avail.
Allow me to explain what is happening and what I have done to attempt to resolve:
1. When I open email, I can see all my unread/read email for the various mail folders. When I attempt to open any individual email it hangs for a moment, then crashes with the above message.
2. When I attempt to compose an email it crashes with the above message.
3. When I attempt to add another account, after entering the email and password it crashes again with the above message.
Things I have done:
1. Restarted my phone
2. Force stopped email
3. I installed all the latest updates, even installed the 'at&t messaging' application.
4. I have since attempted to clear data and settings for email.
5. I additionally removed my accounts and attempted to re-add them. However, I am again greeted with the crash. So now I have even less functionality then I had previously.
So anyway, I have no idea how to proceed with this. I will be taking it to the at&t store tomorrow to see if they can help. The phone has not been jail broken or re-imaged in any way.