1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Automatically selecting wrong Mobile Network

Hi guys.

I've searched all over for this, and can't seem to find a way to get around. So I thought I'd just ask the question myself.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4mini (Up to date with the latest Android, whatever that is), and the network that I am on doesn't have the best coverage, so sometimes it will go out of range and disconnect from the Mobile Network.
    The problem is that I accidentally selected the wrong network manually once. Now every time my real network goes out of range, it will select this other network that I accidentally clicked once. It will then just stay on this network (without my knowledge) until I realise my phone isn't working and have to manually search and select the correct network again.

My question is this: Is there any way to make my android phone forget that I have clicked on that wrong network and never try to automatically connect to it? I want it to only know about the one network. Then when it's out of range, it just has no signal, but connects again when I am in range.

Thanks.
    Kris

Default Re: Automatically selecting wrong Mobile Network

Hmm i dont think you can do this as i was the same a couple of month ago and it was doing the exact same thing so i backed up my phone and factory reset it and it was fine then if you do xhoose to do this deffo make sure your phones backed up

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Automatically selecting wrong Mobile Network

Thanks for the reply Red_Berry. That is a silly little omission on the part of Android. I was hoping for a "Forget All Networks" button, similar to how you can do it in the Wifi menu.