1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unwanted JB 4.3 feature

I have GS4, Sprint, L720VPUEMJA. After installing 4.3 I find my roaming settings are reset upon turning on the phone. I need roaming enabled for voice and data service in northern Florida. With JB 4.3 Roaming is initialized to be Home only. My Roaming settings are Auto, Domestic Voice and Data, Roaming Guard is Voice and Data not checked.

It seems that they sometimes revert to reset while I'm fixing them. When the phone goes into standby the settings are again reset.

The obvious problem being Google Navigation wont function until I get the settings correct.. :-(

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: unwanted JB 4.3 feature

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Mascia View Post
    I have GS4, Sprint, L720VPUEMJA. After installing 4.3 I find my roaming settings are reset upon turning on the phone. I need roaming enabled for voice and data service in northern Florida. With JB 4.3 Roaming is initialized to be Home only. My Roaming settings are Auto, Domestic Voice and Data, Roaming Guard is Voice and Data not checked.

It seems that they sometimes revert to reset while I'm fixing them. When the phone goes into standby the settings are again reset.

The obvious problem being Google Navigation wont function until I get the settings correct.. :-(
    Perhaps clearing cache on recovery?
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for response.
    I got my GS4 to come up in recovery mode. I used the GS3 buttons as you suggest. After clearing cache my roaming settings are still reset.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Last edited by Raymond Mascia; 12-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Today Google Navigation functioned properly on a 80 mile trip despite the settings showing Home roaming only. This evening at home the Browser loaded CNN.com (the first time I used CNN since turning the phone on this AM). However the settings show no bars for WIFI, no 3g or 4G. There seems to be a disconnect between the displayed values and what is actually selected/enabled.
    I do notice that when I select data roaming I no longer get a warning about possible charges. I don't believe I checked don't tell me this again. It does appear this is only an issue with my phone. We have a Sprint signal booster in the house that may give an alternate data path but that would not have any impact on the other issues outside home.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went into recovery mode and did the cache clear again. My roaming options are now staying the way I set them, including after turning the phone off and on.
    Thanks Golfdriver97.
    Ray