1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't update to 4.3?

Im getting really frustrated because I bought this amazing Samsung Galaxy note 2 but it's on Android 4.1.2 so I try to update using the update button but instead it just tells me to to check for software updates go to settings about phone then update software and its getting me annoying this phone is unlocked but still Verizon branded anyone know how to change that? Or at least any fix to the check for software updates bug fix? I have a Verizon sim but no service the sim is from the device it came with when I ordered it so I'm asking is there any way I can remove the annoying Verizon Stock stuff or verizon completely or is there a way I can force update to 4.3 or something? 4.1.2 sucks and its very annoying please help as soon as possible

Default Re: Can't update to 4.3?

You could root the phone and flash latest version of CyanogenMod. It's based on stock android with some additional features.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can't I root and flash to stock 4.3 firmware? Sorry I'm new to Android..

- - - Updated - - -

Also does CyanogenMod have multi window?

Sure you could do that if you have the 4.3 file. CyanogenMod 10.2 is an option since it's an aftermarket version of Android 4.3. Similar to stock but you lose many of the Samsung features.

CM does not have multi window built in. OmniROM is supposed to have multi window.
    Last edited by SactoKingsFan; 12-10-2013 at 12:13 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Do you know where I can get a rom for stock 4.3 firmware? And does it have to be like stock 4.3 verizon n7105 or just n7105 like is there different files for coherent carrier branded phones? Thanks a lot I really appreciate your help.

Yes, the firmware has to be specifically for the carrier version of the phone you have. This looks like it includes a link to the 4.3 zip file for the Verizon N7105 Note 2. You will need to have your phone rooted in order to install the firmware. Also, the bootlaoder will need to be unlocked if Verizon locked it.

Btw, if you are mainly interested in removing the Verizon apps/bloatware, you can do so after rooting. Easier than rooting, unlocking bootloader, and flashing 4.3 from recovery.

You might want to check Samsung Kies for an update. Sometimes it's available through Kies but you don't get a message or notification.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

hey do you know where it can give me instructions on how to root? and once i update to 4.3 will my root go away?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I got my phone rooted but now when i go to download mode it does not detect my phone! please help!!!!

Did you root using Odin? And did you add a recovery such as TWRP?

Posted via Android Central App

Listen, you do not want the update. It is awful. Let it not update. If I could go back, I would.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Its too late haha I messed up by phone and I think its bricked its stuck on the boot logo so I gave it back got a refund and got an awesome nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app