1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 4.3 got installed on my Sprint S3....things went to crap

New member here and I rarely do forums unless I get desperate.

My phone was perfect before 4.3 It wasn't as updated as other S3's were. I'm Sprint in Northern Utah. After 4.3 downloaded I have 8 download notifications that will come up every 10 min give or take a couple minutes. They are old files that I have downloaded before, but....they will always come up and say "Download complete" its like.... 4 photos, 2 documents, and 2 audio talks. It is driving me INSANE because I clear it and then they come up again. I check my task manager and I clear everything, no running apps, no cache, even the RAM. When I try to click on the repeating "downloaded" files it says "unable to find file". What the heck is going on? I don't want to factory boot it.... I'm about to throw my phone out the window.

Help please!

ROM
    Hydro Rom

Default Re: After 4.3 got installed on my Sprint S3....things went to crap

Just because your post is not clear on this: did you boot into recovery and wipe your cache? Not just the home key wipe but in recovery?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Booting into recovery meaning, power off, power on holding up volume button?

I'm having the same problem, if you find a way to resolve this issue would you please pass it on? Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

I went to settings, then at the top of the screen went to more. Select Application Manager, now find download manager, once you open that clear cache and clear data. Someone said I would lose everything in my download folder but I didn't lose anything. Worked for me so far. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Entering recovery mode on Galaxy S3 is very easy. All you have to do is shut down your device and boot while holding the volume up, home button and power button simultaneously