- 63 Posts
Can I update my rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 to 4.3?
I'd rather have an up to date phone than a rooted phone, I think. I just have it rooted to eliminate the shutter sound in the camera anyway.
Some threads say that they "lost root" when they updated. Does that mean I can just update and it'll be back to non-rooted normal? That would be easier than un-rooting, but I'm afraid to just click the OK button in case it messes things up.
- 12-11-2013, 03:52 PM #2
- 12-12-2013, 10:16 PM #3
- 12-17-2013, 01:41 AM #4
- 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Can I update my rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 to 4.3?
The update just came through this morning for me. I tried to update and it failed for me as well. I rooted my phone to uninstall some unwanted software, but the bootloader is stock. Could that lack of software cause the problem?
- 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM #6
- 08-24-2014, 05:04 AM #7
- By dpham00 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 18Last Post: 01-02-2014, 02:30 PM
- By milehigherik in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 27Last Post: 12-18-2013, 03:21 PM
- By BrandonC in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 12-13-2013, 04:12 PM
- By Kendall Seabury in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2013, 11:49 PM
- By BrandonC in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM