I hate 4.3, please help me reinstall 4.2 - Note 2 Sprint

LaTasha Thompson

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Sprint Note 2 (Sprint Note II)

Hi Y'all!

I got the update for Android 4.3, last night, and I hate almost everything about it! There were very few things that I would change about 4.2, and for my sanity, I HAVE to go back to 4.2. My phone is not rooted, and I have no desire to root it.

Can anyone please help me out, and tell me how to get my 4.2 back?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Unless its changed I'm pretty sure you can't go back to an older version of Android while stock. For those familiar with rooting they will need to know if you're willing to root.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LaTasha Thompson

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Noooooo, say it ain't so, please!!!! I don't want to root, it would be my last choice. Is there any word on when 4.4 will be available? I really cannot keep this version on my phone. I don't want to have to download apps to avoid using/interacting with all of the things that I don't like about 4.3. This may sound extreme, but I would try and find a way to get another Note 2 that didn't have 4.3 loaded.

LaTasha Thompson

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Before writing this post initially, I did a factory reset, in hopes of ridding myself of 4.3, but realized that it did not "take". Well, after writing my last post, starting messing with my phone more, and what I now see, is that most of the stuff that I didn't like has now been corrected. I don't know if the update just didn't take correctly when it first installed, but the "flaws" are much more tolerable. Thank you for your help!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm glad you found a resolution but as of now no one knows exactly when Kitkat will arrive on most devices. As you now know it does help to factory reset a phone after an update to clean up everything. It's not a must unless you're seeing issues so keep that in mind for the future. :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks