New Tablet/Authentication Problem with Wifi

p1emtangel

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
hey yall,
i'm a newbie, hoping to get some help...
i bought my daughter a polaroid 8" S8 jelly bean tablet for Christmas. i want to have it all set up and ready to go when she opens it, but i can't connect to our wifi. it constantly says "authentication problem" and will occasionally flash "saved, secured with WPA/WPA2." i tried resetting the router, but maybe i didn't do that correctly. my laptop is connecting just fine. any help is greatly appreciated.

fxbg

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
We have the exact same problem (a frustrated daughter and an S8 that won't connect at home).
It's not the tablet, apparently, because it will connect on a wireless network in other places.
But at home - using a Verizon Fios router - it recognizes the router, the password is definitely correct ... have shut down both the tablet and the router and "forgotten" the router multiple times but still just get the "saved, secured" message after trying to connect.

Super frustrated - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance (from me and my daughter) for any help.

Linda Ward

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My new tablet won't let me in. It keeps saying authentication problem. It asked for the password, and I got that from my router, thinking that would do it, and it's still saying authentication problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jemma Davies

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

We had this problem too - while it was trying to connect, I held down onto the connection name 'talktalk' and came up with two options (forget network and modify network) we selected modify network and typed in the password again (case sensitive) and it connected! Good luck!

luckystars280

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
ours is a brand new nexus 7 and it is frustrating that I can't get onto it at all until the wifi is authenticated!! I tried the suggestion to hold down connection name
but when I try that I do not get option "modify network" just "forget" or "cancel". I keep trying all suggestions - double checking that password is entered appropriately of course - but still no connection. Any suggestions appreciated

womanlexy

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem. Googled and found your post. I also read on this board (somewhere) to forget the connection. Then connect again all while being sure to enter the password with the upper case letters.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I contacted Comcast Chat twice and then phone support and then finally googled. This simple change did it for me. Use the uppercase for the password.

A~

nicklbossman

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hey yall,
i bought my daughter a polaroid 8" S8 jelly bean tablet for Christmas. i want to have it all set up and ready to go when she opens it, but i can't connect to our wifi. it constantly says "authentication problem" and will occasionally flash "saved, secured with WPA/WPA2." i tried resetting the router, but maybe i didn't do that correctly. my laptop is connecting just fine. any help is greatly appreciated.

senthil senthil g

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
hey yall,

Eddy Taylor1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Bring up your router settings by your computer, look at your wireless settings on your router, you will see a encryption key number.
use this in your tablet as your password.

KMNancy1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Bring up your router settings by your computer, look at your wireless settings on your router, you will see a encryption key number.
use this in your tablet as your password.

I've been going back and forth with Samsung tech support all day trying to figure out why my tablet stopped connecting to my home wireless network. They even had me do a factory reset to try to fix it. And then, BOOM, I googled my problem and saw your solution. Entered the WEP key number and back in business!!!! Yea! Thanks!!!! (Very frustrating day)

Cheryl Dale

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Have been having this very same problem. I am trying to find this code and don't know where to look to find it on my pc computer. Help please!

quasemodo

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Look for the wireless network key located on a sticker usually on the underside of the modem, enter that combination of numbers and letters exactly,as the password.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look for the wireless network key located on a sticker usually on the underside of the modem, enter that combination of numbers and letters exactly,as the password.
That's if someone was smart enough to write it down and tape it to the router. Routers don't come with stickers with passwords on them, because the default password is in the manual, and one of the first things they tell you to do is change the password (and the SSID).