1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Get rid of Android 4.3 in the Galaxy S3 (SGH-747)

I got an OTA Android 4.3 update last week (or two weeks ago, perhaps) for my AT&T (out of contract) Galaxy S3 (SGH-747), shortly after (~6 weeks I think) getting an update to 4.x (can't recall which number it was, but it was less than 4.3, maybe 4.2.1?)

The 4.3 update has completely screwed my phone:

• Have Slowness issues
    • Home screen repaints icons noticeably slowly
    • There are now sticky notifications of two downloads that happened BACK IN MARCH. No matter how many times I click on clear, they come back almost immediately
    • HUGE BATTERY DRAIN. THE BATTERY COMPLETELY DEPLETES AFTER 2 HOURS AT MOST, WHICH DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE THIS STUPID UPDATE
    • Battery stats shows the drain is because of an app that I completely doubt did anything. When I uninstalled such app Android is now blaming Android system (or something like that), and the battery drain continues
    • CANNOT ACTIVATE WiFi HOTSPOT ANY MORE. "Please wait while verifying" and then "A network error has occurred". Even with FoxFi, I get the same issue
    • etc.

I am no longer using AT&T but instead StraightTalk (for 10+ months). Everything was working perfectly for me before this stupid update

Checked that there is no newer update. Also, installed Kies 3.0 and it tells me my OS is not supported for updates via Kies either.

PLEASE HELP ME

TELL ME HOW TO WIPE OUT THIS UPDATE AND GO BACK TO THE STOCK ORIGINAL ROM (4.1.1 I think). I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THIS UPDATE IN MY PHONE AND I AM GOING TO BLOCK ALL AT&T UPDATES AFTERWARDS

Thanks and sorry for the caps!

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Get rid of Android 4.3 in the Galaxy S3 (SGH-747)

Quote Originally Posted by some__dude View Post
    I got an OTA Android 4.3 update last week (or two weeks ago, perhaps) for my AT&T (out of contract) Galaxy S3 (SGH-747), shortly after (~6 weeks I think) getting an update to 4.x (can't recall which number it was, but it was less than 4.3, maybe 4.2.1?)

The 4.3 update has completely screwed my phone:

• Have Slowness issues
    • Home screen repaints icons noticeably slowly
    • There are now sticky notifications of two downloads that happened BACK IN MARCH. No matter how many times I click on clear, they come back almost immediately
    • HUGE BATTERY DRAIN. THE BATTERY COMPLETELY DEPLETES AFTER 2 HOURS AT MOST, WHICH DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE THIS STUPID UPDATE
    • Battery stats shows the drain is because of an app that I completely doubt did anything. When I uninstalled such app Android is now blaming Android system (or something like that), and the battery drain continues
    • CANNOT ACTIVATE WiFi HOTSPOT ANY MORE. "Please wait while verifying" and then "A network error has occurred". Even with FoxFi, I get the same issue
    • etc.

I am no longer using AT&T but instead StraightTalk (for 10+ months). Everything was working perfectly for me before this stupid update

Checked that there is no newer update. Also, installed Kies 3.0 and it tells me my OS is not supported for updates via Kies either.

PLEASE HELP ME

TELL ME HOW TO WIPE OUT THIS UPDATE AND GO BACK TO THE STOCK ORIGINAL ROM (4.1.1 I think). I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THIS UPDATE IN MY PHONE AND I AM GOING TO BLOCK ALL AT&T UPDATES AFTERWARDS

Thanks and sorry for the caps!
    As far as I knew, 4.3 was an update that you could not downgrade from. Meaning, now that you have it, you can't go back to any other variant of Android. However, have you tried to clear cahe in recovery?
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    That may help some of the lag and battery drain.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here