- 2 Posts
Galaxy S3 won't remember notification sound preference
Hoping someone out there can help. I jut picked up a Samsung Galaxy S3, and I am trying to change my notification sound for text messages. I put an MP3 file in the appropriate folder, and selected it in the settings menu on messaging. It keeps reverting back to the old default message notification sound.
Has anyone else had this issue- and do you have any idea of how to get it to believe I want to use a different sound?
Thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Last edited by Serge Storms; 12-19-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: getting rid of odd typo...
- 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM #2
Re: Galaxy S3 won't remember notification sound preference'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 2 Posts
Re: Galaxy S3 won't remember notification sound preference
Wiped the cache partition (closest option) in boot menu, no effect.
When I first set it, things are fine. Then a few hours later when I get a text , the annoying old default sound is back. I tried searching through the directories to see if I could delete it to force the issue, but no luck finding it. I've now placed the new sound in a different directory (where it still shows as an option), and we'll see how that goes.
- By usmdesigner in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM
- By Dawn Mooney1 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
- By prskier17 in forum Moto GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2013, 11:36 AM
- By sk_ghost in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:42 AM
- By mbranco978 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:01 AM