1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation HELP - S3 Freezes at Samsung Logo at Bootup After Installing 4.3 - MAJOR ISSUE

So, I recently updated to 4.3 on my S3 and when everything was installed, the device just rebooted and stayed on to the Samsung symbol frozen. I've tried battery pull, I've tried clearing cache. Bear in mind I DON'T want my data to be deleted, it's not backed up, however is there a way to do backup with the phone switched off or on to download mode. I'd find a reward if someone solves this with the right method.

Global Posts
    13,850 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: HELP - S3 Freezes at Samsung Logo at Bootup After Installing 4.3 - MAJOR ISSUE

Quote Originally Posted by LewisDavison View Post
    So, I recently updated to 4.3 on my S3 and when everything was installed, the device just rebooted and stayed on to the Samsung symbol frozen. I've tried battery pull, I've tried clearing cache. Bear in mind I DON'T want my data to be deleted, it's not backed up, however is there a way to do backup with the phone switched off or on to download mode. I'd find a reward if someone solves this with the right method.
    Did you clear cache in recovery? If not, here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    It won't delete anything like your data or settings.
    Rebooting into download mode like you asked, is for reflashing stock ROMs, etc, and will be like a reset.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HELP - S3 Freezes at Samsung Logo at Bootup After Installing 4.3 - MAJOR ISSUE

I have already done this No luck..

Global Posts
    13,850 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

A factory reset then?

From a Sprint Moto X

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here