1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 running 4.3, how do I stop it vibrating and making the notification sound?

I recently updated my S3 to run Jelly Bean 4.3, and now when I receive a text it both vibrates and plays the notification sound rather than just the notification sound as it used to. I can't seem to find a way to turn this off, any help?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 running 4.3, how do I stop it vibrating and making the notification sound?

Go into your messaging app settings. Under notifications, double check that it's set to sound only not sound+viberate. If the setting isn't there, check under your sound settings - again, look for notification sounds and check to make sure it's set to sound only, not sound+vibrate. I'm not very familiar with TouchWiz, so I can't tell you exactly where to check. Hopefully this helps. I'm guessing that somewhere/somehow this setting got changed from sound to sound+vibe. I don't think it's a bug or specific to 4.3, but rather a setting that got changed by accident.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile