1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) reboots continually if I allow it to connect to a certain WiFi network

I've had a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for just over a year. A few weeks ago, I updated to Android 4.2.2 whilst visiting my parent's house and it started continually rebooting itself. I did a factory reset (or two) before figuring out that it's entirely down to the WiFi. If I get in quick enough and don't allow it to connect, the problem stops, and it only occurs with the WiFi at my parent's house (though it always worked fine before the update). I've tried unplugging the WiFi repeater, which was a relatively new addition to the house, but it hasn't made a difference.

I'm back at my parent's for Christmas and would love to be able to use my tablet again, so if any suggestions for fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) reboots continually if I allow it to connect to a certain WiFi network

Same suggestion I give everybody, every time I hear of brain-deadness on the part of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2: Replace Samsung's crappy software with CWM (Clockwork Mod recovery) and CM (Cyanogen Mod ROM).

You'll lose the rather useless IR blaster, and Bluetooth sound no longer works for me, but, otherwise my tablet's much nicer, since I did that.

Otherwise: Maybe get yourself one of these: . Plug it in to your parent's wired network and use your own wireless network. Of course: No guarantee your tablet won't do the same thing, but maybe it's worth a try?

$60 at Amazon, looks like. I think I paid a bit over $40 for the one we have at work. (I give it to road warriors going to Asian areas on business, since, often, the hotels there have only wired Internet connections, for some reason.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) reboots continually if I allow it to connect to a certain WiFi network

Thanks for the recommendation. After further research it seems to be a compatibility issue between the tablet and the Belkin 54g router. I'll definitely have a think about CWM/CM, not sure whether I'm quite (yet) ready to void my warranty. I might try downgrading back to 4.1 first, which I got on with better. 4.2 has some really weird and obvious UX flaws.