Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEED HELP! “Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped" KEEPS POPPING UP!

This error message keeps popping up every 15 minutes saying “Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped." And I click OK and it pops up again and again and AGAIN. I've restarted my phone to see if it helps but it doesn't. Its starting to become VERY annoying. Please help. New galaxy note 3, not rooted.

Default Re: NEED HELP! “Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped" KEEPS POPPING UP!

Welcome to Android Central! Have you Disabled any system apps? If so, one of them might be needed for whatever process is failing.

If you haven't disabled any apps, then try going toyour App Manager or Settings>Apps​, tapping the Menu button, and selecting "Reset all app preferences."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: NEED HELP! “Unfortunately, com.android.preference.help has stopped" KEEPS POPPING UP!

Hi! I've hit the reset all app preferences and its still popping up. However, I did notice that it pops up a lot more when I'm updating my play store apps. I was doing an “update all" on all my apps that needed updating in my play store and it popped up for every app that was being updated. It was impossible to do anything on my phone because of the pop up message so I hit “stop" to stop the updating and the pop up messaged stopped. Sooooo.... what the heck is wrong with my phone??

Oh, does it have anything to do with the “lookout app" on my phone? Because that's what is in my notification bar while updating my apps. Idk if that has anything to do with my error msg but please help!

Try doing a system cache partition wipe, following these instructions. You won't lose any personal data or settings.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry, that didn't work either. I followed the instructions and it still popping up.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Also, this black screen pops and and immediately disappears. Looks kind of like when you take a screen shot, is that spyware?? Should I just hard reset? :/

Did you try clearing the cache in the play store app? You can also clear the data if you need to. It will rebuild itself when it syncs.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    Did you try clearing the cache in the play store app? You can also clear the data if you need to. It will rebuild itself when it syncs.
    That's a good idea--was going to my next suggestion, but patruns beat me to it!
    patruns likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

No its still popping up.. :/

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I don't think it's spyware. Sounds like it's just a system process that isn't working properly. Backup up your data and see if a hard reset fixes it

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever