1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi Continuously Reconnects

I just got a Dell Venue 8 which comes standard with Android 4.2.2 and it continuously reconnects to my wifi network. It just cycles through Connecting -> Authenticating... -> Saved, Secured with WPA and then starts over again with connecting. All other devices work on the network so it isn't the router. I've tried to toggle wifi on and off, toggle airplane mode on and off, forget and reconnect to the network, and turning it off and on and nothing has corrected it. I haven't found much googling this issue or on Dell's support page. Have you guys seen anything like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Wifi Continuously Reconnects

Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like you've already tried some of the things I would have suggested, but for more tips, check out this guide: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems. I wonder if you might have have to modify your router's security. Also use a program like or to see if your router's wi-fi channel is already being used by a lot of nearby routers, which can cause significant interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo378 View Post
    I just got a Dell Venue 8 which comes standard with Android 4.2.2 and it continuously reconnects to my wifi network. It just cycles through Connecting -> Authenticating... -> Saved, Secured with WPA and then starts over again with connecting. All other devices work on the network so it isn't the router. I've tried to toggle wifi on and off, toggle airplane mode on and off, forget and reconnect to the network, and turning it off and on and nothing has corrected it. I haven't found much googling this issue or on Dell's support page. Have you guys seen anything like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I think you should try it by downgrading your device .

Hey I just got the venue 7 and I love it. Did you get the 4.3 update yet?

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk