1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Previously downloaded files keep trying to download after 4.3 update on GS3

I recently purchased a Galaxy S3, that was completely factory reset with JB 4.1.2.

I downloaded a couple of .jpg files to use as backgrounds, but then decided not to use them - but left them on the device (not in the original download location however)

A couple days ago I received the 4.3 update from AT&T, which seemed to go off without a hitch. But now, the 3 files I downloaded seem to continue to download. - at least I get a notification that the files are downloaded (3 different notifications).

I deleted the files to see if that would stop it - no luck.
    I went to Chrome and closed all the tabs (a couple were still open to the location I downloaded them from) - no luck.

When I get the notifications, if I click on it, it says it can't find the file.
    If I just clear it off, they come back a few hours later.

So it isn't really doing anything but constantly popping up notifications. An annoyance for sure.....

Any thoughts on getting rid of these things?

Thanks

Default Re: Previously downloaded files keep trying to download after 4.3 update on GS3

settings/apps/all download manager - clear cache and data
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Previously downloaded files keep trying to download after 4.3 update on GS3

I do not see "apps" under settings for the T-Mobile Samsung SIII.

Upon digging further, I found the correct menu chain to the "Clear cached data?" for this phone.

1. Settings
    2. "More" Tab
    3. Storage
    4. Cached data
    5. Clear cached data?: OK

I shall update this post in a few hours, confirming that this does or does not work.

***** UPDATE *****
    This does not fix the issue. My phone still continues to download the following .JPG files
    since updating my T-mobile Samsung SIII to Android version 4.3

• 13117tv.JPG
    • 13117tv2.JPG
    • 13117tv3.JPG
    • 13117tv4.JPG
    Last edited by RegLinUsr; 12-28-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RegLinUsr View Post
    I do not see "apps" under settings for the T-Mobile Samsung SIII.

Upon digging further, I found the correct menu chain to the "Clear cached data?" for this phone.
    1. Settings
    2. "More" Tab
    3. Storage
    4. Cached data
    5. Clear cached data?: OK

I shall update this post in a few hours, confirming that this does or does not work.
    But which cached data? Everything? My instructions were for the cache and data in download manager only. Granted, i am running stock Android and not a Samsung with Touchwiz, but there still should be a way to clear specific apps.

Previously downloaded files keep trying to download after 4.3 update on GS3-screenshot_2013-12-28-13-54-41.jpg
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

All Android phones are not setup the same across manufacturers; hence, your instructions were not correct for the SIII
    since your menu chain does not exist. The OP asked for specific instructions for a specific phone; not a generalization.
    As well, the "Download Manager" is accessed differently in the new menu chain for the Samsung SIII [Android v4.3]... it
    is as follows.
    • Settings
    • "More" Tab
    • Applications Manager
    • Slide menu to "ALL"
    • Select "Download Manager" from app list

From here, you can then do a "Clear data" and "Clear cache" for the device.

I have done this from here this time and will post once again if the files are downloaded again.

***** UPDATE *****
    This seems to have done the trick. My phone has ceased with the continuous downloading of these files!
    Last edited by RegLinUsr; 12-28-2013 at 03:13 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

While the instructions given weren't exact to my phone - I was able to find it and clear it out - worked great.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction