1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Default Turn on/off lock screen

Hey Everyone,

So I am looking for an app that will automatically turn the lock screen on and off.
    I am currently running the new SkipLock and it almost meets my needs.
    The way it works is when I connect to my wifi network at home, my lock screen turns off and there is no need for me to enter a pin when at home. As soon as I disconnect from my wifi network, the lock screen is turned on and my phone is protected.
    This is exactly what I am looking for, except for one thing. I hate the PIN lock on 4.3. It's terrible. Just a PIN pad that looks like 5 year old designed.
    I would love to have the option to do what ever lock screen I would like. Not just password or pin like the above mentioned app only allows.

So, are there any other apps that offer this? Anything close?

Thanks!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Turn on/off lock screen

Tasker. It can do everything you're looking for an more, but it may have a steep learning curve. You can try the trial version here:

Here is a simple tutorial (Tasker profile): , sometimes it might not work, but you have to fine tune your profile. In this case, the condition being "near or connected to your WiFi", the task being "unlocking/locking the keyguard (aka lockscreen)". You can stack conditions such as also specifying between a certain time. Tasker's Keyguard On/Off option uses the system default's lock method so it can work with pin, pattern, face unlock, etc.

One thing to note about this profile is if the keyguard is disabled by Tasker and you plugged the device to the PC, the PC can't see the internal storage (since it thinks you haven't unlocked the device) until you manually enable the keyguard (ie. toggle the wifi so Tasker can trigger your "enable keyguard profile").

There are probably easier apps for this purpose like Llama, but you can do a lot with Tasker.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Default Re: Turn on/off lock screen

Thanks! I will for sure check that out and give it a whirl!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk