How can I protect root?

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 on AT&T i337 on the latest OTA update, 4.3 mk2 and I am rooted. My question is, how do I protect root? I have found a few apps, but none work with 4.3. I have read where you can freeze 3 items using titanium backup

-keychain
-fwupdater
-AT&T software updater

However, the article is old. Well freezing these 3 still work? Is there an app that does it? Thanks for any advice

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 on AT&T i337 on the latest OTA update, 4.3 mk2 and I am rooted. My question is, how do I protect root? I have found a few apps, but none work with 4.3. I have read where you can freeze 3 items using titanium backup

-keychain
-fwupdater
-AT&T software updater

However, the article is old. Well freezing these 3 still work? Is there an app that does it? Thanks for any advice

What do you mean by protecting root? With Titanium Backup you can uninstall the pre-installed bloatware if that is what you are asking.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by protecting root? With Titanium Backup you can uninstall the pre-installed bloatware if that is what you are asking.

Sorry, I mean I want to prevent my phone from getting an over the air update that will remove root. I am sure every update from AT&T will do that.