Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I protect root?

I have a galaxy s4 on AT&T i337 on the latest OTA update, 4.3 mk2 and I am rooted. My question is, how do I protect root? I have found a few apps, but none work with 4.3. I have read where you can freeze 3 items using titanium backup

-keychain
    -fwupdater
    -AT&T software updater

However, the article is old. Well freezing these 3 still work? Is there an app that does it? Thanks for any advice

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    3,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: How can I protect root?

Quote Originally Posted by thehoz View Post
    I have a galaxy s4 on AT&T i337 on the latest OTA update, 4.3 mk2 and I am rooted. My question is, how do I protect root? I have found a few apps, but none work with 4.3. I have read where you can freeze 3 items using titanium backup

-keychain
    -fwupdater
    -AT&T software updater

However, the article is old. Well freezing these 3 still work? Is there an app that does it? Thanks for any advice

What do you mean by protecting root? With Titanium Backup you can uninstall the pre-installed bloatware if that is what you are asking.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    What do you mean by protecting root? With Titanium Backup you can uninstall the pre-installed bloatware if that is what you are asking.
    Sorry, I mean I want to prevent my phone from getting an over the air update that will remove root. I am sure every update from AT&T will do that.

Global Posts
    3,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by thehoz View Post
    Sorry, I mean I want to prevent my phone from getting an over the air update that will remove root. I am sure every update from AT&T will do that.

Don't update
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html
    Haalcyon likes this.