1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 (ATT) running Android 4.3 Jellybean. I rooted the phone using Kingo and I have Superuser and all that goodness, so I assume it worked. However, I have been trying to get CyanogenMod for days and I simply cannot do it. I followed some YouTube tutorials but now I am uber-confused and I believe I did something wrong as when I try and go to Recovery Mode I get a dead, open-chest Android with "error!" as his spilled-out intestines. Basically, I have already installed Clockwork Mod and Goomanager and apparently they're saying my device is now on TeamWinRecoveryProject Custom Recovery (because I clicked on that through ClockWork after I could get to the ClockWork recovery). I seriously hope I haven't bricked my device, and I don't even know what "bricking a device" is. I really need some help and some answers. All I wanted was to get CyanogenMod or Google Play Edition ROM or anything but this crappy Samsung Touchwiz which I hate with a fiery passion. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by drooskiii; 12-31-2013 at 12:55 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Custom Recovery/ CyanogenMod Help!

I'm on 1337 Model Number if that makes any difference in advice given.

Also, I am able to reboot my phone and i see all the generic "wipe data/cache","download from SD" blah blah blah idontknowwhatanyofthismeans and it's working perfectly fine. It's just whenever I try and go to Custom Recovery that I see the poor deceased little Android that I'm pretty sure, due to my lack of knowledge about any of this stuff, I killed. It saddens me, it truly does.

Posted via Android Central App