1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Delete All App ?

Hello,

We've all seen the TV show or movie where the evil character gets a hold of a computer or cellphone and forces the good guy to unlock it or else he kills the girl.
    Locally, I've seen news reports of the border guards (Canada and US) wanting to inspect visitor phones before allowing them into the country and "asking" them to unlock it to view.

Is there an app you could install (root or otherwise) where if you enter the wrong passcode unlock you supply (ex1234) it automatically wipes your phone?
    When you enter the standard passcode 2345 it would unlock your phone as normal.

Crazy request but thanks!

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Delete All App ?

Quote Originally Posted by c!!! View Post
    Hello,

We've all seen the TV show or movie where the evil character gets a hold of a computer or cellphone and forces the good guy to unlock it or else he kills the girl.
    Locally, I've seen news reports of the border guards (Canada and US) wanting to inspect visitor phones before allowing them into the country and "asking" them to unlock it to view.

Is there an app you could install (root or otherwise) where if you enter the wrong passcode unlock you supply (ex1234) it automatically wipes your phone?

I don't think so, but there are security apps that will let you wipe the phone from another place.

Try these:

They will all let you remotely wipe data if needed.

You can also try this app:

With root, it will let you hide apps from the app drawer so they are not visible.

and finally this:

With this app, you can lock apps with a passcode so that it cannot be used with out it. You can also hide apps from the app drawer so they are not visible as well. You can even add a fake "This app has crashed" message if you want.

Best of luck.
    “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by c!!! View Post
    Hello,

Let me see if I understand correctly. You want to be able to covertly wipe your phone at the border to avoid any officials seeing what is on it?
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

I don't know if there is something you are trying to hide or not, but.. well I'll take it as an educated exercise.

This can be done remotely, Google let you do this with Android Device Manager. The are other programs too.

To do it if an unlocking fail is harder. You need to make some automated profile that somehow detect the failed unlocking. The automated profile would detect the failed unlocking, it will then initiate a shell command to reboot the phone into custom recovery, which will run a script or flash a update.zip package that will run commands to format the phone partitions.

So my guess is:
    -Have TWRP installed.

-Set OpenRecoveryScript, tell the script to flash an update.zip

-In the update.zip's updater-script file, set it to run the command to format the /data partition.

-Tasker detects failed unlocking (I don't know how this is done), run the shell command that will boot into TWRP.

-TWRP will automatically run the OpenRecoveryScript and do the business.

One thing to note is custom recovery expose the data so you have to encrypt the phone as well.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 01-02-2014 at 05:05 PM.