Need Advanced OS/Tablet Help

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I will try to keep this as short as possible, but please bear with me I am totally stumped.

I have been looking at tablets lately, and most of the newer ones seem to be running Jellybean 4.1 or above. All tablets and phones that I have looked at I run into the same problem. Say the device has 8gb ram/storage. It seems to be spit up into two (maybe) partitions. One internal memory section and one nflash/sdcard section. On one tablet in particular, it has 1gb internal memory, and about 6gb nflash/sdcard memory free after os and preload stuff is installed. So that in essence leaves me with about 700mb of internal storage and 5+gb nflash after all said and done. Now:

As you load apps onto the device, it fills up the much smaller internal memory first in most cases. After app install you can move majority of app to nflash/sdcard, but a small portion always stays on the smaller internal memory. Problem is, it seems that once you fill up the smaller internal memory, you simply can't install anything else, no matter how much nflash/sdcard memory you have left. (speaking strictly apps here). The only way to install more stuff is to delete existing apps to make room on the smaller internal memory. (I hope I am clear so far)

So you can end up with a tablet that has small (say 1gb) internal memory full, and still have 30gb sdcard storage, and your simply done as far as apps are concerned. Now to the meat of the story:

Is there a way, either through the OS or device rooting or whatever method, to make the initial internal memory bigger so that you can install all the apps you want? Say I have 32gb. Give myself 12gb internal space, and the other 20gb as nflash/sdcard? If you could do this it would make life so much easier, and make the tablets so much more enjoyable. Having that rather small hard limit on what you can install is rather pointless.

Again I hope it has not been too long a read, and has been at least semi-coherent. I thank you in advance for any help.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what tablets you have been looking at, but the Nexus devices do not separate the storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781