Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Default Stock email client autofill addresses... how to edit them??

I have had my phone nearly a year and mostly appreciate how it's got a cache of people I've sent emails to, because sometimes I want to retrieve an address I didn't think I'd need again... However, it also presents some annoying issues. It also saves every typoed address I've ever fat-fingered, and sometimes it comes up as the first choice when it was for someone in my contacts, and I then send a message to a bad address. If you go to write an email and press that little 'contact' button in the "To" field area, it shows me a list, and I don't know where some of those are coming from - it's some but not all of my contacts and some but not all of the addresses I've ever written to. I would like to clean out the fat-finger errors and also that mysterious list that comes up when you press the little contact icon when composing an email, without taking a scorched-earth approach. Any suggestions? Googling around indicates to me that this has annoyed people for years and nobody's found a solution.

I have a Galaxy S3 running the recent update to 4.3.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Stock email client autofill addresses... how to edit them??

Quote Originally Posted by fotyc View Post
    I have had my phone nearly a year and mostly appreciate how it's got a cache of people I've sent emails to, because sometimes I want to retrieve an address I didn't think I'd need again... However, it also presents some annoying issues. It also saves every typoed address I've ever fat-fingered, and sometimes it comes up as the first choice when it was for someone in my contacts, and I then send a message to a bad address. If you go to write an email and press that little 'contact' button in the "To" field area, it shows me a list, and I don't know where some of those are coming from - it's some but not all of my contacts and some but not all of the addresses I've ever written to. I would like to clean out the fat-finger errors and also that mysterious list that comes up when you press the little contact icon when composing an email, without taking a scorched-earth approach. Any suggestions? Googling around indicates to me that this has annoyed people for years and nobody's found a solution.

I have a Galaxy S3 running the recent update to 4.3.
    Did you try clearing cache and data?
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Default Re: Stock email client autofill addresses... how to edit them??

Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Did you try clearing cache and data?
    That's the scorched-earth approach I was hoping to avoid - I want to choose which ones don't belong....