1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IMAP email on K9 and native app not showing complete inbox, messages come in and disappear

I first noticed this problem on Tuesday 12/30/2013. I have a Motorola Droid Bionic running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), on Verizon. The email account is hosted by GoDaddy.

I'm using IMAP email with both the native client and K9. Neither one shows all the messages of my inbox. I'm not sure but they don't seem to even be showing the same select subset of messages, or maybe they are. On K9, I have watched messages appear in the inbox for a few seconds, and then disappear from the inbox. They don't go to trash, they're just gone. They're still on the email server, however - I can see them using the web email application. It seems like they can disappear even without a refresh happening, but they definitely can disappear upon refresh. A couple times I've been able to actually open and read them, but when I go back to the inbox they're gone. But I'm not sure whether they actually disappear apart from a refresh, so for now they only thing I can be sure of is that they disappear upon refresh.

I don't know whether the native email has the same behavior - I've never seen an email appear there and later disappear. However, on both the native and K9 email apps, the inbox is definitely not showing all messages. I'm talking about the MOST RECENT messages, so it isn't a case of older messages dropping out because I'm only showing the most recent 100 or whatever.

In the native client, I tried removing the account and adding it back in. No effect.

On K9, I tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, reinstalling K9. No effect.

I went to the Verizon Store yesterday, 1/1/2014, and the guy there said he'd had one woman come in the day before with a similar problem with a Yahoo email address, but Verizon hasn't yet posted anything on their internal network about it. They guy said he'd make a posting about my case, and if enough people have an issue they'll try to resolve it. He said he'd get back to me in a couple of days to let me know the status.

I'm not finding anything like this through google searches so maybe it's a new problem, or maybe it's just the NSA screwing with me and that other woman.

Default Re: IMAP email on K9 and native app not showing complete inbox, messages come in and disappear

@sdstevep,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you continued to have this issue? I am wondering if it might be an issue with the device, your situation is the first that I am hearing of this behavior.

If you are still having this issue please feel free to send me a private message with your email address and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: IMAP email on K9 and native app not showing complete inbox, messages come in and disappear

I am having the same problem with my godaddy email and imap. Is there a solution? I see the email get polled and come in the notification bar. Then when I open either the native app or K9, it does not show up. Polled emails come in hours after they are sent and only one at a time. When I check my webmail godaddy client, there are several emails still on the server not showing in the inboxes.

@Geekette#CB,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post.

That's very odd. Would you mind sending me a private message with the email settings you are using as well as the device and OS version you have? Additionally if you can include the your email address that will help me further in my review.

Ken at GoDaddy - I too am having the same problem on my Droid Maxx running KitKat 4.4. I've been using K9 for months with no problem and this just started in teh past week or so. Any help would be appreciated. Pat

@Pat Buckley,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you follow up with me via private message with the email address and the email settings you are using? This will help me further in my review of your email issues.

Thanks