Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Are there any apps to change the bottom row of icons to a different style on the homescreen?

I'm a little new to Android, and I'm looking for a launcher or some sort of app that gives me the option to ONLY change the bottom row of icons on the home screen, I want to change the style of the icons to all square and something more artsy, is there anything that does that?

(I'm talking about the apps in the double yellow box in this picture: )
    Last edited by f2k8; 01-02-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Are there any apps to change the bottom row of icons to a different style on the homescreen?

Any custom launcher can allow this via addons called icon packs. Check out Nova Launcher or Apex Launcer (as examples, there are many more launchers) and for icon packs, you can literally search for, "icon pack" in the play store to be inundated with options.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:
    f2k8 
    bigdaddytee likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Re: Are there any apps to change the bottom row of icons to a different style on the homescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Any custom launcher can allow this via addons called icon packs. Check out Nova Launcher or Apex Launcer (as examples, there are many more launchers) and for icon packs, you can literally search for, "icon pack" in the play store to be inundated with options.
    Thanks for the reply, I've tried Nova Launcher but it seems to replace my home page all together, also, when installing icon packs, it replaces every icon, on every screen.
    I think what I'm asking for isn't available at all to be honest, hoping someone in my position has found a way to just update the bottom row icons on the home screen and nothing else.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by f2k8 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I've tried Nova Launcher but it seems to replace my home page all together, also, when installing icon packs, it replaces every icon, on every screen.
    I think what I'm asking for isn't available at all to be honest, hoping someone in my position has found a way to just update the bottom row icons on the home screen and nothing else.
    Nova is a home screen replacement launcher, but it should be able to be set up exactly as is. With icon packs, you don't have to use the entire thing, but can long press on an app icon and hit "edit" (assuming Nova launcher for this) and then tap the current icon, you can search and replace the icon with whatever specific one that you want. As far as changing nothing but those without a launcher, I'm not aware of a way to do that.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Good idea, I'll try that and let you know if it works out.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Desktop Visualizer will change the icons of any app without changing the launcher. Perhaps that's one along the lines of what you want?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.