Android 4.3/Galaxy S4 question

edenney

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure if this is an Android question, a Galaxy S4 question, or a Google question, but hopefully someone here knows the answer. I don't know what the function is called, but with the S3 or S4 if you hold down the menu button for a couple seconds it brings up the screen which allows you to do a google search or ask google a question, and the screen also has several pieces of information on it that it thinks might be useful to you (such as how far it is from where you are to your work or home, the current weather, etc.). With my Galaxy S3, if I bring up that screen and ask google a weather related question, it gives me that information in Fahrenheit, but with my new S4 the weather it provides me is always in Celsius (although the little "f" next to the temperature is in blue, and the little "c" is in gray, but the number itself is definitely celsius). Clearly this isn't a configuration issue with my Google/gmail account because I'm using the same account on both phones, and the same Samsung account, (haven't activated the S4 just yet, I'm using it on Wifi to get it configured the way I like it). There are no setting options I can find related to weather when you bring up that screen by holding the menu button down, so I can't figure out how to get that setting changed. Anybody know for sure how to change this?

TIA

**Edit**
Just noticed that with my Galaxy S4, on that Google search screen that comes up when you hold the menu button down, it had a clickable link at the bottom of it that said "Get Google Now". I don't remember ever seeing or clicking that on my S3, but apparently "Google Now" is active on my S3 and wasn't active yet on my S4. For whatever reason, after clicking that link, now the same weather searches that were coming back in Celsius are now coming back properly in Fahrenheit. Still couldn't find any way to change that option, but I don't really care at the moment since it's working fine now.

Last edited:

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
jsut for future reference, there is a 3 dot menu on each card there in Google Now which you can use for setting on the type of card...